Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sprint Races

Saturday went and helped Mitch and Amy at the Yakima fairground speedway. I have not been around and helped with the sprint cars so it was alot of fun. Alot different than the late model cars that Rick races, as far as work the crew has to do. I of course didn't do much, but I got pretty good at knocking off the dirt and giving her a good cleaning every time it went out.

Mitch ended up coming in third place in the main event, a huge turnaround from the night before where he crashed (totaled?) his primary car.

Speaking of Totaled cars....... There was a lot of carnage that night. Its hard to tell from the pics but these cars are a mess. The first one is for sure destroyed and to top it off it got burned up. All the drivers walked away OK. The night before, I guess there was a nasty wreck as well with the cars whole top roll cage being ripped away. I don't know if this is common in this series, but there were alot of cars messed up. I really didn't want to walk around and take pictures of others misfortune.

There is always other sights in the race pits no matter where you go. I think plumbers and race crews all have the same problem, "crack". I just missed a perfect example of this by milliseconds. As you can see from the picture I was just a little to late, butt there was crack.

I did bring home a souvenir from the race. Mitch had a rough Friday night as I stated and I ended up taking a section of his top wing to hang in my shop (after he autographed it). I noticed this couple took a damaged complete top wing section and was tying it down on their ford explorer and I knew I had to get a picture of it. Just cant see it very well because its too dark.

No comments: