Saturday, October 11, 2008

Fall Frolic 10K race

Had my first 10k (6.25 mile) race today. My coaches were not there, they went up to Spokane to pick up their new time trial bikes. And no I am not getting one, even though Aaron is quite a salesman.
Total time of my race was 40:53, my goal was to keep it below 41 minutes, so I was happy. I think it works out to be a 6:34 average per mile. I placed third overall and third in my age group (30 to 39). It figures the other two infront of me were my age.
Coach's laid out a game plan to run the first two miles at 6:37 average, so I stuck to that and by mile three and four I felt good. I knew I was in fourth position so I focused on passing the third place guy, but decided not to kill myself and try to catch the 2nd place guy, he finished around 39:40 or so.
I made sure that I drank HEED in the morning and had a GEL right before the start and of course after the race had a RECOVERITE.

No comments: