Sunday, October 26, 2008

Tri Cities Marathon

It was a very nice morning for the start of the race. A little chilly approx. 40 degrees, some people I saw were shirtless (freaks) and our first runner (Juan) ran in nothing but a tank top and shorts (crazy). Juan ended up running a 6:25 pace, well done. Garth ran the second leg, and he's been fighting injuries so he wasn't sure what would happen. He ended up running good, but I don't know what his average was. I ran the third leg and I ran with Nike Dri fit tops and bottoms, I did not want to be cold. My knee has been injured for the last two weeks so I had not ran at all. I was a little worried about how I would do. My knee ended up not being a concern at all, it felt great. I ran 6.3 miles at a 6:34 pace. I was happy with that.

Here is our number one runner for Team Herm 1. Finishing the race in perfect form as usual. I think Aaron ran sub 6:00 mile pace for approx. 7 miles. His fans were very happy to see him do so well again.

Team Herm 1 (Juan, Garth, Kevin, Aaron), after a couple hours after the race awaiting our prize for being the FASTEST relay team in the Open division.

Oh Yea, here is the Hermz team (Missy, Jake, Melody). They did alright I guess. They ended up coming in first for the Co-ed relay teams. Missy and Melody ran great. Jake is a pretty good runner. He ran the last two legs (approx. 13 miles) at a average pace of 5:20. Missy ran the second leg and was going to hand off to Jake, but Jake was no where to be found, so Missy stood at the exchange point waiting for him. Apparently a couple minutes later he arrived after a pre race pee. I was told that he ran the first mile at a 4:20 pace to make up for his late start. I was not aware of all this because I was far ahead by this time. Well, not far enough, Jake comes flying by me like I was standing still. He was talking to me and telling me what had happened, all I could get out of my mouth was "OOOKKK", "Good Job", and he was gone.

GOOD TIMES

No comments: