Friday, December 5, 2008

Blackberry Storm Review

My contract with Sprint was up so I thought I would try another cell provider and decided to try Verizon. I went with them because they are the only carrier that has the new BB Storm. I kept my account with Sprint and held onto my BB curve just in case.
I work out in a secluded area and was worried that Verizon would not provide ample coverage. The coverage map on their web site showed good coverage but not their best. Once I got the Storm all set up I brought it to work and sure enough, I did not have any reception in certain areas. I currently get Sprints high speed 1XEV everywhere at work, so I can't complain.

I was able to return the phone to Verizon no questions asked, they didn't even open the box to see if the phone was in there.

The touch screen was nice, but was going to take some time to get use to when typing. The curve is much easier to type with one hand, say if your driving or riding your bike.

The Storm has a 3.2 mp camera and I hated it. My curve has a 2 mp camera and it took better pictures in my opinion. Also when I take a picture with the Curve, its instant. With the Storm it has a auto focus and would take what seemed like a few seconds by the time you click the button. I take a lot of pics on the fly and the storm could not capture these pictures, they would just come out blurry.

With Verizon you also have to pay extra if you want to use the GPS features that the phone has. Sprint provides this service for no extra charge.

Don't get me wrong, the Storm is a cool phone with lots of bells and whistles and I think its a great phone for people that want the latest and greatest.

I know its not an exciting post but thought it might help someone who is looking for a new BlackBerry.

The Storm all boxed up ready to go back. Goodbye my friend..............

No comments: