Saturday, December 20, 2008

Cold Run


Today I braved the sub 10 degree weather and ran the 30Th annual Cable Bridge Run. I ran the 5k and opted out of the 10k due to the fact that I did not want to subject myself to any extra frostbite. Of course there were a couple freaks out there wearing shorts and one ran shirtless, unfortunately it was a dude.

3oth Cable Bridge Run Results

I did not run as well as I wanted, I think it had alot to do with the cold weather and the fact that half the course was ran on compacted snow and ice. I thought for sure I was going to fall multiple times. I ended up running the 5k in 21:00, which averages out to a 6:46 pace. I was hoping to run a 6:18 ish pace, but was not going to happen in this weather. Oh well, they served ice cold beer after the race so it was well worth it.

5 comments:

Thompson Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RICK said...

Funny, While at the shop yesterday Dad Steve and I said there must be some sort of incentive(FREE BEER) for someone to be crazy/stupid enough to WANT to do that.

Jared and Denelle Lind said...

We're very impressed that you braved the extreme cold and snow/ice.

Kelly said...

You are AWESOME! I cannot believe you still rain in that crap! I'll take some of your motivation! Really can I buy it! LOL!

Sara and Ethan said...

Just looking at the attached pic made my nipples so hard I could cut glass!