Sunday, March 15, 2009

St. Patricks Day Race

The kids and I ran in the St. Patrick's day race on Sat. morning. The weather was pretty nice first thing in the morning for the kids 1 mile run. Then the wind came up and was blowing what seemed like 20 mph, but was probably only 5-10 for the 5-10K race.

Pre Race Photo


Action Photo

I could not believe how many kids ran this 1 mile race (400ish). Kendall and Kole did well. They made it the whole way. I ran with them, it was a good warmup time for me before my race. We would run a little ways then walk and run again. Kendall understood that she needed to save some energy for the end of the race. After the turn around point, Kole saw M and finished with her. I went with Kendall to the finish line and she was excited that she was passing alot of kids because they were tired due to starting the race to fast.


M got this great picture of me finishing. By the expression on my face, its obvious that running is really fun for me.

I ran the 10K race and was not really excited because the wind had just picked up and I knew it was going to suck running into it. I ended up doing about what I wanted to do as far as time goes. I finished with a 40:50. After running with Kendall it reminded me to go out slow and save a little something for the end. I was able to catch and pass alot of runners during the race so it made it a fun. Usually I'm just trying to survive at the end of the race.

None of my posse ran (scared, I guess), so cant comment on their results.

Heres the results of the 10K race.

http://www.3rrr.org/?f=2003&eventId=1007

No comments: