Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Rage in Sage Duathlon

Last Saturday I had my first duathlon. Except it wasn't with my rode bike, this was a mountain bike duathlon. I busted out the 1991 mountain bike from the shop and gave it a try. Let's just say that my bikes suspension was lacking (it has none). Most all of the others had full suspension. And I could definitely feel every little bump thru my teeth.

The first picture was of some participants stretching a few seconds before the race started. That's me in the center, head down praying. The eventual winner (#5) was standing next to me pretending he was not a little nervous that he had to race against me.

The actual race went ok. I stuck to my plan, at first. I ran the first 2.5 miles fine, got on the bike and passed a few people, then started the second run and my legs would not go. I got passed by a few people. My heart rate for the day averaged 180 beats but was over 190 a few times. I swore to my self (and out loud) that I would not do this again while I was running the 2nd leg. I ended up 13th overall. I can't wait for the next one.

M&M and all the kids came out to watch, of course my coaches were no where to be found once again.

Here's the results http://www.3rrr.org/?f=2003&eventId=1027

1 comment:

Jared and Denelle Lind said...

I think you should fire your coaches. Good job! I'm impressed.