Sunday, May 3, 2009

Fiasco in Pasco Duathlon

Ok, I guess I have to post something about the duathlon. I know theres thousands of TuHandy Fans out there waiting on the edge of their seat to see this, so here we go.



I wish I got a few shots of the bikes in this transition area. Lets just say there was some very nice bikes sitting on some not very sturdy racks. It would suck to have one of those racks fall down and slam the winners bike to the ground, but that could never happen.

Here's a couple runners finishing their first 5K (3.1 mile). Note the time above that cool looking dude, 19:55 pretty impressive for a true cross-country course. This course was on sand, gravel, grass pathway with lots of small or large hills.











I dont have any pics of the bike portion of the race. I was hoping that I could get some from some of the fans that came out to watch Team Tweekers. Thanks to all of them for the support because I know it helped me continue to get thru that stupid ordeal.
The above picture is of one of my so called coaches and I finishing the race. Aaron unfortunately had some type of running injury that he had to finish the last three miles at a near walking pace. Now back to the above picture. Garth and I caught up with Aaron basically right at the start of the 2nd 5k. Thats when we learned he was not doing so well. Garth and I basically said, "see ya, sorry about your luck but were out of here." Garth and I ran the rest of the race basically stride for stride, well all but the last few hundred feet. I remember saying something about us, Team Tweekers finishing 1 and 2. I had envisioned something like both of us crossing the line with the same exact time. Nope, our 6:30 avg pace went to a 5:30 avg pace the last few hundred feet. Thats ok, When I tell people I placed in the top 11 overall it sounds the same as saying I placed in the top 10.





This was the bling I got for finishing 1st in my old age group (40-44 yrs).


Here is Missy (finished 2nd overall for da ladies) and Garth showing off his 2nd place (30-34) award. Race results http://www.3rrr.org/?f=2003&eventId=1008

1 comment:

Jared and Denelle Lind said...

Thanks for posting! You know how big a fan I am of the TuHandy blog. I would be so disappointed if it didn't continue. Where's the picture of all the awesome dedicated fans that came out for the duathalon?