Monday, May 25, 2009

Top 5






Ok, just got home and thought I'd let you know how it went today. Lets just say that swimming's for losers. I hate it, I suck at it, and I dont want to do it again. Soooo. I got that off my chest.

I managed to swim like a normal person for 1/3 of the swim and then flipped to my back for the last 2/3's. I wanted to quit so bad but I really didnt want to be dragged back to shore by a kayak. Luckily the wet suit saved me big time. I was able to float and just paddle on my back. I know I was zig zaging down the course because everytime I fliped back to my stomach I was way off course, so I had to readjust. By the time a made it to the end I was so happy, I didnt even care that I was one of the last to exit the water.

I transitioned well and got on the bike and did what I expected, passed alot of people. It made it very fun to have alot of people in front of me, so it gave me something to chase down. I believe I finished the bike in about 12th position.

The run was as predicted as well. I felt good (well kinda) right off the bike and was able to run a 6:30 something average. Kinda like the bike portion, I just picked people off one at a time. There was one group that was running together and all three of them were in my age group (40-49) so it was nice to get three for the price of one.

I ended up having a good day. It definitely started off very bad. I know I need to do some swimming and have someone show my how to.

It will be interesting to see the split times, and see how slow I really was in the swim. I will post a link to the results here http://www.buduracing.com/raceresults.php .

I wasnt able to get many action pictures, but heres a couple of me on the run and bike. And no I did not take my phone with me on the swim.

Thanks for the comments, I really appreciate it.
















4 comments:

Sara and Ethan said...

I am proud my brother, Sprint Tri in no joke. Keep on, Keepin' On!

Gustafsons said...

Way to go!!! While the rest of us are sleeping in and having a late breakfast, you're out working your butt off. Congratulations.
Mom and Dad

Kelly said...

Oh my GOD!! I cannot get over how kick butt you did! That is AWESOME! I'd say you more than made up your swim!! You freakin Stud!

Kelly said...

amazing little bro'. that rocks. you must have a "no pain" gene or something.