Sunday, May 31, 2009

Busy Weekend

Very busy weekend of fun in the sun. Spent Friday and Saturday out in the boat. The weather was great, in the upper 80s -low 90s. Water is still a little chilly, I think its was about 55 degrees. Kendall and I jumped in a few times, I dont know why she did, but I did out of necessity. Once I jumped in the water it would take your breath away, so it made it hard to do what you needed to do. We ended up not going out on the boat on Sunday since it is the day of rest.

So we ended up going to Hermiston for a 40 mile ride. Aaron, Missy, me and the new member of Team Tweekers, Greg went on a little ride. I was assuming we were going on a standard 20 mile ride like normal. Until I saw Aaron loading up will all different kinds of Hammer Nutrition supplements.

Here is a nice little group photo of Aaron, Missy, Me, and Greg. Oh by the way, I really like the Jersey that Aaron just got. I forgot to ask him where he got it and how much. I just know I could never afford one that nice. I wish I could find something like that on sale somewhere..............
















Greg is new to this cycling thing, but he is not like must of us. He is some professional, collegic (is that how you spell it?, oh well), multi scholarship winning, athletic, freak of nature. Thats a complement and the truth. I think this was his second time out on a road bike, and he's already able to do 40 miles like its nothing. But wait, he's not riding some five thousand dollar plus machine, oh no, hes on a borrowed bike. The bike has been named "Purple Thunder". And if you can zoom in on the bartape, those are skulls your seeing, This bike is a 1988 Dave Scott Centurian Iornman machine. Back in the day this bike was the S*%T. This bike kicked my butt this afternoon.
















I had a flat today. No big deal but I think I jinxed myself because I asked Aaron minutes earlier if he's had many flats this season. I had the only spare tube, so it was a quick fix. Well it should have been. I got a little winded trying to pump up the tire with the little pump so Aaron offered to help. Well lets just say he got a little aggressive with the pump and broke the schrader valve off in the pump. We called M who was watching all the kids and she was able to come and save us, with a new tube and lots of water. Thanks dear....

















Myself and Aaron just cycling along. Good shot of Aaron, not so good of me. I look sick, actually I think I had a small case of heat exhaustion. I did not properly hydrate yesterday on the boat, and I payed for it today. Started getting the cold sweats and then the last 4 miles I stopped sweating. Good times.
















Man, this post seems long, Blah, Blah, Blah, I'm done.

2 comments:

Jared and Denelle Lind said...

So you've decided that you're just too good to bike with us anymore, huh?

TuHandy said...

Actually, I'm not good enough to ride with you die hards.