Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Heimlich

Today I got to find out what it feels like to be Heimliched. We had a company feed for lunch (steaks). I was the first one back to our lunch room and began eating. I got a piece of steak stuck in my throat, but figured I could "choke" it down. No such luck, that baby was wedged in there tight. By this time one of my friends came in and was eating. I stood up and stood right in front of him pointing to my throat several times while poking my friend in the chest (making sure he knew I wasn't kidding). I turned around once I was sure he got the message and let him do his work. Out came the steak on #2 or #3 thrust. Good times.

When I was the only one in the lunch room I thought I was going to have to do the Heimlich with a chair. I wasn't looking forward to that.


I found out there has been countless stars who have been saved by the Heimlich. Halle Berry had to be saved by co-star Pierce Brosnan during the filming of a love scene in "Die Another Day" after choking on a piece of fruit. Just thought I would throw that little tid bit out there.

I nominated Jeff for our companies "Presidential life saving award", he should be seeing a nice framed certificate and $500.

4 comments:

Jared and Denelle Lind said...

Glad your friend knew what he was doing! Scary.

Ronnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ronnie said...

I would think you have the whole eating steak thing down considering you have hundreds of cows on your property. glad your ok dude.

Kelly said...

SCARY!! So glad your ok!!