Saturday, July 18, 2009

Shoreline Run

Had a good race this morning. Had a good turn out of people as well,
including Missy, Aaron, Jared, Garth, and my new boss, Garrett. I'm
not exactly sure how everyone did but we all finished. Garrett has
been asking me about running and cycling so I told him to come out for
this race. He had not ran for years and did not practice for this but
he finished the 10K with a respectable time. Aaron and Missy ran as a
couple, actually hand in hand I believe. Missy did beat him with a
strong kick at the finish. It was good to see Jared with a pair of
running shoes on. He ran the two mile course and I believe set a world
record. Garth and I hung out together for the first four or so
miles. Eventually my blistering pace was too much for him, and he had
to drop back. I felt ok, not great but good enough to finish with a
personal best of 39:39. The clock showed 39:10 but it was started
late. Oh well, still was below 40 minutes. Results here http://www.3rrr.org/?f=2003&eventId=1022

Ok, I did not have any photos of the race so I used this one. Its of the "shoreline" of Cancun. But very good comment.

1 comment:

Jared and Denelle Lind said...

Nice picture. I don't remember seeing this part of Howard Amon Park this morning at the race, though. Did I just not walk far enough?