Monday, August 24, 2009

Aquaman Duathlon















This last Friday a couple of us competed in the Aquaman Duathlon. The race cosisted of a 2 mile run, 1/2 mile swim then a 3 mile run. When I say a couple of us, Im referring to Missy, Petr, and myself. If there's water involved you won't see Aaron or Garth anywhere besides the shoreline. Actually after this so called race that's not a bad idea. What's to say besides there was a great turnout of people. I still dont understand why. This is not fun, especially the swim. But there was a good turnout, I would guess approx. 164 finished.


Missy ran and swam well, finishing 4th overall for the women. Petr had a great finish, thanks to his two solid weeks of training to get ready for this race. I on the other hand have really nothing good to say, besides the run segments were good and I had a chance to talk to a nice guy on a kayak. Aaron got to see the joy in my eyes when I finally got out of the water. I was VERY VERY happy (right, Aaron?).


One more race to go. The big one, the one I've been training for all year. Titanium Man Triathlon on September 5th. (1.5k swim, 40 km bike, 10km run). I can't wait, twice the distance to swim.


You can look at the results here if you want. http://www.3rrr.org/?f=2003&eventId=1020

No comments: