Monday, August 3, 2009

Mid Summer Triathlon / Duathlon

Team Tweekers went back to Fairview Or, to compete in the Mid Summer Tri and Duathlon. We had a couple changes on this trip. 1st, Missy participated or should say dominated the Female Triathlon on Saturday. Finished 5th (1:15:53, no need to remember that time, just forget about it) out of 388. 2nd, Rachel did the tri it Triathlon. Everything the same as the sprint Triathlon but with the swim being 1/4 mile long. No wetsuit needed for her, no big deal just go out and swim 1/4 mile with hundreds of other people around you. I did not get to see da ladies but they did very well. Here are results of Sat race (Aug 1st). http://www.racecenter.com/results/RCNW_results.htm

Then the guys raced on Sunday. Garth and Aaron raced in the duathlon as they did last time. Of course it was a 1,2, finish for them. Garth finishing 1st and Aaron 2nd overall.

I had a goal of 1 hour and 15 or 16 minutes to finish the Triathlon. Last time we came down here I finished with a 1:21:06. I have been working on swimming alot since then so I was hopeing that my time would be better. I finished with a 1:16:03 (excuse number 112, I got lost in transition #2 and it cost me about 30-40 seconds). Everthing was pretty much similar to last race except I was able to swim 5 minutes faster. I am still not even close to swimming at a normal or decent pace but its getting better. I ended up finishing 23rd out of 219 finishers, and 7th out of my age group. By the way, my age group sucks, or actually is really good. Four out of the top five were in my age group (40-44 yrs old). Oh well it gives me something to shoot for. Results here for Sunday race (Aug 2nd) http://www.racecenter.com/results/RCNW_results.htm















M took this picture of me relaxing before my race. Actually I was just making sure I could float.











Yes, out of the water, finally. Nice cap, I know.






Transition pic

Aaron ?
Yes, Its all over
I took this picture after the race was well over, just wanted a pic of these nice wheels on my bike (thanks Missy). Then I noticed the nice bike behind mine, with the basket carrier on the rear. There were all types of bikes from garage sale bikes to $10-$12,000 ones.
Sure theres room for one more bike in there. Well maybe not, fours enough.

1 comment:

Sara and Ethan said...

Yeah Team tweakers! You guys rock!