Thursday, September 24, 2009

Indian Summer Half-Marathon





Had a great time running the entire race with Aaron. I told him to go ahead and take off since he's faster but he kept giving me some lame excuse about just wanting to finish. It was fun running and B.S.ing with Aaron the whole way. Well fun for the first 10 miles. Then I had to put both earbuds in and tune everything out. Apparently we were both doing ok, because we were gaining and passing people the last 5-6 miles. Apparantly we ran mile 12 at a 6:05/mile pace.
Missy of course was the first female to finish. Great job...
Race results here:
Oh, and you might have noticed that Aaron finished 9th and I finished 10th (5 seconds back). Well thats kinda funny because we both finished at exactly the same time at a near walking pace. Aaron was apparently slowing down to let me finish ahead of him. He apparently had seen my post about the Fiasco in Pasco race where his brother beat me to the finish line with a strong sprint at the line. I saw Aaron slowing down so, I slowed down, anyways we crossed the line at the exact same time. But of course I'm one place down on a Lind again. Oh well, Good Times.

1 comment:

Aaron and Missy Lind said...

I think I can see myself in the picture. I am about 5 seconds ahead of you.