Sunday, December 20, 2009

Cable Bridge Run

Yesterday I ran in the Cable Bridge Run. It was alot warmer and less icy than last year. Lots of people ran again this year. There was a 1 mile, 5k and a 10k. There were nearly 400 people who ran the 10k. I ended up 28th overall and 4th out of 48 for age group (40-49). I ended up running and asterisk personal best. I ran a 38:58, my previous best is a 39:42. I am giving it an asterisk because my watch showed the course a little short. Also, I don't feel that I ran very well. At mile 1ish, I was already dead. My heart rate was already 190 bpm, and I had 5 more miles to go. I just kinda held on most of the run. At the end I did manage to run down and pass one of the ladies who were in front of me. But ended up being "chicked" by two.........

Here is a link to the 10k results:

http://onlineraceresults.com/race/view_race.php?race_id=13092&relist_record_type=result&upper_bound=390&use_previous_sql=1&group_by=default

2 comments:

Aaron and Missy Lind said...

I just pull a hamstring or 2 when chicks are around.

lburatto said...

Did you gps it? I'm curious about the distance as it was a PR for me. I was that third chick, btw, and if I had known that you and I were racing, I assure you, you woulda been chicked by 3! :)